Tuesday 3 December 2013

Members make all the difference in lessons.


November 18th, 2013
Ya its working this week!! I feel so bad that the email didn’t go through last week, but oh well. This week will be a good one. .

Transfers are December 1st, well that’s when we find out. I’ve been in my area for almost 7 months, it’s probable that I will be leaving this transfer. There are 8 zones in Cochabamba and about 6 zones outside of Cocha, like Potosi, Sucre, Tupiza, Villazon. I kind of hope I stay in the city, I’d like to be here for Christmas and to be able to go to the temple once more to see the new video. We’ll be going in January I think so I hope I don’t get sent out because if I do I won’t be able to go for a while. 

I’d be fine to stay in my area one more transfer too, I like where I am, my companion, the members, and everything is going pretty good. It would be nice to have a little change of scenery though. 5 transfers in an area is a long time. But wherever I go I know it’s for a reason. I’m just going to enjoy these next couple weeks that I have. 

So this week was awesome, we had a family reunion (I’ll explain with the picture ) and had some great experiences. There are two that I would like to share. 

So we are visiting a family of about 20 or 30, I’m not really sure, because every time we go we meet new people. They are really 4 families but they are all related and are always together, they all live on the same land, it’s pretty awesome teaching them. So we are visiting them with a member family that lives pretty close, and we always try to go with them. We were passing by this week and we stopped to say hello but this family wasn’t with us. The first thing they asked us when we showed up is "where are they?" We explained that we were just passing by and they would be there in the next lesson, they were quite happy to hear that. It just goes to show the importance that members have in the lessons. Although we may do the teaching, the members are there to be their friends, to answer questions when we aren’t there, and really play a huge part in the work. I am learning more and more the importance of members in the lessons. It really changes everything!!!

Another great experience that I had this week was on an exchange with a new elder. It was great to work with him, he’s really got a ton of energy and just loves the work. So leaving from lunch he had the feeling to go visit a family that lives close, even though we had an appointment in the other direction. We went to that family but they were busy and we just made an appointment for the other day. But leaving from their house walking down the street there was a guy walking down the street and he came over and asked if we had anything that we could give him to read. We told him that we had some pamphlets but we would like to come to his house and explain it a little. He said that would be great. Talking to him we found out that the only thing he wants in his life right now is to give his life to god. He wants to start going to church and be baptized, that had never happened to me before. I was a little disappointed because it wasn’t in my area. But it was still amazing either way. We taught him and he accepted a baptismal date and said he would come to church and everything, he is definitely ready. One thing he told us though is that the missionaries always walk by his house but they have never spoken with him. That kind of taught me that we never know who is ready, we just have to talk with everyone, we know that there are people who the Lord is preparing to receive the lessons and the missionaries, it’s just our job to find them. I love all these experiences that I’m having in the mission, I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else right now. 

I had a great week like usual, tons of awesome experiences that are really molding me into a different person. I can tell I’m changing in some ways, but all for the better. I hope you guys have a great week, can’t wait to talk to you guys. Little more than a month!! Love you guys, have a great week. 
 
Elder Grigor

 "I bought some pancake mix this week, it was expensive,
but I was getting tired of cereal and bread every morning."
"We went and played volleyball last week, I loved it!!!"



"Here is my family in the mission, well my great grandpa
isn't there, because he's in Potosi but this is my generation.
Well the two on the far left aren't really but sort of.
Far left is my cousin, then my uncle, then my grandpa,
then my dad, then me, then my sons."

Elder Grigor with his trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment